3/31/2008

Introduction to SSCs at Babywearing Conference

So I'm teaching a class at the Babywearing Conference in Chicago in June. The class is Introduction to Soft Structured Baby Carriers. I was thinking I could get a little advanced but then I realized that my class is during the open day so beginning babywearers may be there. That is totally cool; babywearing advocacy is so important to me and I do believe that buckle carriers are more palatable to mainstream parents.

So I am totally open to what to cover. I was going to do as much of the material on The Ergo Lady's Tips and Tricks as I could. And I want people to get to try at least one carrier. I haven't started planning so I am open to suggestions!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

How about covering the Scootababy as well? I think it's pretty mainstream and quick and easy like the Ergo. Maybe even easier for beginners.

Babywearing Sales & Consulting said...

Yes, definitely the ScootaBaby! It is my ideal hip carrier; I was a tester for this wonderful product and it is everything I had dreamed of! I have my stash plus loaners, so just to give an idea, here is some of what's coming:

Ergo NG
Beco Butterfly
ScootaBaby
Patapum (baby & Toddler)
Olives & Applesauce
Pikkolo
Yamo
Sutemi
Cinchworm
Connecta
AMC II (Active Mom Carrier)
Dream Carrier
Kanga XT SSC
Onya (Sit 'n Sling)
Tentoes Click
Ergo Classic
Jetpack
Beco XO
Angel Pack LX (APLX)
Beco BWD
Beco Fourth Generation